Doggies for Dementia Foundation Values Those We Serve
Doggies for Dementia Foundation-A Values-Based Corporation
A few years before Doggies for Dementia Foundation was formed, I photographed families impacted by dementia for my book, Just See Me-Sacred Stories from the Other Side of Dementia. Families told me how much the photographs and prints meant to them, and I could see it on their faces each time. The importance of capturing memories even and perhaps especially during challenging times was reinforced. I attended memorials and saw those very photographs I remember taking on tables to help us all remember times of love and absolute joy. Families described the photos as “priceless.” The experience of bringing such joy to families soon became the core of my life and business.
It Started Like This…
What Our Values Mean to Us
- Before I begin my workday, I review our values to be sure I am in full alignment.
- Before I walk into a networking meeting, I think about our values.
- Before a presentation, I review our values. They’re posted in front of me
- Before all photo sessions, I read through our values.
- I’m sure you get the picture-they’re just this important!
How We Achieve Our Mission
We believe photos have the power to change the world.
We Are Committed To…
- Beginning from a place of compassion, courage, and inspiration.
- Empowering the community we serve to thrive in an environment of compassion, courage, inspiration, and understanding.
- Raising awareness toward a place of understanding and mutual cooperation while lifting families impacted by dementia.
- Teamwork through respect, cooperation, and accountability.
- Providing exceptional products, services, resources, and remarkable experiences through innovation, creativity, education, and continuous improvement.
- Being a professional 501c3 corporation that fosters integrity, honesty, trust, and value.
- Respectful and transparent communication and partnerships guided by kindness and good intention.
- Being reliable, responsible, and engaged. We listen and seek win-win outcomes.
- Being an inclusive organization. We will not tolerate discrimination, bigotry, racism, or hate. On the contrary, we will continue to cultivate diversity in a community environment where everyone can truly belong!
- Learning and sharing by digging in with families and experts in all we do.
- Using donations in thoughtful and appropriate manners.
- Committed to capturing the genuine aspects of our clients in photographs, video, and storytelling.
- Happiness and fun in a loving environment.