Doggies for Dementia 2021
Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia on YouTube
Did You See This?
It’s been another wacky year, but we kept our chins up, our eyes wide, our hearts open and our minds busy!
We know the world is a ‘busy’ place with lots and lots of information coming at you daily. We thought it would be beneficial and fun to review what we’ve been up to in case you missed it.
Doggies for Dementia Foundation
What You May Have Missed-Part 2
Our Mission Statement
Doggies for Dementia Foundation reduces stigma, isolation, and loneliness for those impacted by Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementia by providing beautiful experiences and photographs, a platform to share their stories with others, and education and awareness in order to better understand the diseases.
One the ways we raise awareness for dementia is by hosting a YouTube channel called Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia. We kept busy (Over 33 Episodes!) interviewing and chatting with many “experts” including family caregivers, professional caregivers, psychologists, nutritionists, financial experts, and more. Be sure and take a look, subscribe and comment. It’s easy to share the videos from YouTube also. A blog was written on this website about each of the videos also. This is where you’ll find the behind the scenes scoop. ?
Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia Video Podcast
- Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia and Guest Maghan Ricketts: Welcome to this week’s Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia. Our special guest is Maghan Ricketts with Longleaf Bee Cave in Bee Cave Texas. Maghan Ricketts is Outreach Community Coordinator at Longleaf Bee Cave and gives some of her own personal experience along with expert advise. We discuss the Top 3 things to consider.
- Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia and Guest Yoli Campos Smith: Hospice: Today’s Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia is with guest Yoli Campos Smith, an experienced hospice nurse. Hospice has evolved over the years to provide support for those nearing the end of life and their families. Death, a much avoided topic, is an important part of life.
- Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia and Guest Mike and Kim Barnes: Welcome to Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia with Mike and Kim Barnes. Mike and Kim are broadcast journalists and Mike’s mother has dementia. Having recognized the need for support and information, they formed a Facebook group called Parenting Aging Parents.
- Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia and Guest Saadia White: Expect the Unexpected with this guest! Saadia is a family caregiver and took her personal and professional gifts to become a Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease Activist.
- Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia and Ruth McCabe: Today we chat with our friend Ruth McCabe, Dementia Friendly Fife Project Manager and works for the Fife Health and Social Care Partnership in Scotland, UK Ruth McCabe represents a group of Dementia sufferers who all meet up regularly as a group to have conversations about the disease and help new sufferers.
- Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia-Denise Bernacki: I LOVE this episode. Truth is, I LOVE them all, however when I “met” Denise on Instagram and saw the beautiful art, I just had to share this story with you. You’ll want to be sure and watch this episode of Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia.
- Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia-Peter Hill: Today we chat with our friend Peter Hill, founder of the radio show The “D” Word about those impacted in the United Kingdom. There is so much more to this interview!
- Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia-Insight from Family Caregiver, Nurse and Entrepreneur: Today’s Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia is with Jennifer Prescott, and is a candid conversation with truth, vulnerability and strength.
- Helping Children Understand Dementia: An episode of Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia with special guest Kathryn Harrison who is an author, illustrator, artist and daughter to a mother with early onset Alzheimer’s disease.
- A Family Memoir of Dementia: Part one of interview with author Vicki Tapia.
- Compassion, End of Life and Dementia: Part two of interview with special guest Vicki Tapia.
- Living with Early Onset Alzheimer’s Disease: Guest Arthena Caston discusses being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease at the age of 51.
- Isolation and Brain Health : Special guest Ron Nevelow, co-founder of Inspire Senior Care, a mental health clinic, talks about isolation, loneliness, and brain health.
- The Journey of a Lifetime – Part One: Part one of discussion with Helene Berger, author and family caregiver for her husband with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- The Journey of a Lifetime – Part Two: Part two of discussion with Helene Berger, author and family caregiver for her husband with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- COVID & Dementia: Lori O’Leary, RN, Case Manager, gives us a look at what it has been like for those with dementia in long term care and how it feels to be a health care provider during COVID.
- Alzheimer’s Texas: Catherine Campbell, Executive Director of Alzheimer’s TX, shares the wonderful things Alzheimer’s Texas has done since last spring and how it can benefit all.
- Carrie Leljedal, Mother & Family Caregiver: Discussion with special guest Carrie Leljedal, mother and family caregiver.
- Brain Health & Early Intervention: Special guest Ron Nevelow, co-founder of Inspire Senior Care, specializes in care of those in long term care.
- Because We All Need a Laugh Sometimes: Bloopers with Carmen and Ron Nevelow.
- Fearless Caregiving: A visit with Jennifer Johnson, author of Fearless Caregiving. Jennifer is a long time family caregiver for her father and her mother.
- What’s Going on with Long Term Care During COVID: In this episode Carmen talks with Sophia Heesch who is a Neighborhood Coordinator at Friendship Haven in Fort Dodge in Iowa to hear how they’ve managed resident comfort, safety, overall health, staffing issues, and be present for their families who are important to them all.
- Getting to the Other Side of Caregiving: Betsy Wurzel has been a caregiver for her loved ones with Alzheimer’s Disease for decades and she and Carmen talk about getting to the other side of caregiving.
- Managing Life During a World-wide Pandemic: Guest Kelly Carter, Manifestologist , talks about finding a sense of peace and gratitude in challenging situations such as being diagnosed with dementia and caregiving.
- Approach with Love: Special guest Kelly Kaelin offers simple, yet magnificent information about our approach.
- Home Care Answers for Your Loved One: Mackenzie Kelly is an expert on dementia care and home living options. In this episode she and Carmen talk about home care – what it is, who needs it, and how they might get it arranged.
- What To Do Now: Interview with Robyn Maniscalco, founder of Wellness Resource.
- Behavioral Issues or Expressions?: Joanna LaFleur shares her view on behavioral issues often seen in people with dementia.
- What to Ask Long Term Care Before Moving In: Joanna LaFleur shares invaluable information about what to ask while seeking long term placement for your loved one.
- Lewy Body Dementia Part One: Sarah Hyde-Williams and Carmen deep dive into Lewy Body Dementia-a form of dementia which is often overlooked and under-diagnosed.
- Lewy Body Dementia Part Two: Sarah Hyde-Williams and Carmen deep dive into Lewy Body Dementia and some of the common questions and concerns.
- Relationships During Health Crisis: Sylvia Worsham shares her professional and first hand personal experience of being a daughter of a strong man who becomes seriously ill.
- The Truth About Hospice: Discussion with Cindy Pelan, an expert on end of life issues and hospice care.
- A Fresh Approach During Troubling and Challenging Times: Discussion with Julie Cotton of Next Level Improv. She is an improv comedian, actress, trainer, and healer.
- Mindset and Coping with Covid-19: This episode is with Sylvia Worsham, Executive Coach who has personal experience as a family caregiver for her father.
- Caregiver Resources During Covid-19: This episode is with Robin Maniscalco who is an amazing expert on Caregiver Resources.
- Gratitude in the Time of Covid-19: Kelly Carter, manifestologist, on helping navigate troubling times.
- Dementia and Covid-19: This episode is with Kelly Kaelin whose Bonus Mom has Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Rodger That: A caregiver for her father-in-law, Rodger, for seven years, Bobbi Carducci understands what it is really like to care for someone with dementia.
- From Calm to Crisis: This episode’s guest is Bea Baylor, Executive Coach and daughter of parents with dementia.
- Caring for Parents with Dementia: Special guest Amy Massingale whose parents both had dementia.
You never know who may need to hear these recordings or read the blogs. Be sure and share to your social media platforms. Someone who really needs to see it will, and this is a very good thing!
Doggies for Dementia Foundation is a 501c3 corporation with a mission to provide beautiful experiences and memories for those impacted by dementia using photography. We are also advocates with sights on raising awareness through education, so nobody has to experience the pain of stigma, isolation and loneliness. Experts Dig in with Doggies for Dementia is our program with interesting and informative interviews with experts from all realms including family members and professional caregivers. We are 100% funded by donations, sponsorships and volunteers. Families are gifted the photo sessions.