Do you and/or your loved one with dementia have a story to share with the world?
Would you like to help educate the world about dementia?
Doggies for Dementia is here to make raising awareness easy and fun.
Simply send your images and story-one simple Google doc and we’ll make sure your story is told with compassion.
Submit Your Own Photos to Honor Your Loved One and Teach the World about Dementia (Alzheimer’s Awareness)
- Our missions are to raise awareness using images and stories while we honor you and/or your loved one. There are many misperceptions about Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. Your stories can change what the world knows about Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia. (Alzheimer’s Awareness)
- We aim to see a more kind, compassionate and understanding understanding world for those impacted by dementia. Your stories and images help others to understand and this is how we raise awareness for Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia.
- Together we your images and stories on our blog, social media accounts and more.
- We also make sure everyone in the images and video slideshows knows about the plan and provides consent.
What do families receive from Doggies for Dementia Foundation?
- Families who submit images will see their loved ones’ images and stories on Doggies for Dementia Foundation’s blogs and pages/groups on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. A blog will also be written and sent to all on our email list. Each family will receive a “year book” with a photo and synopsis about their loved one.
- Video slide shows will also be created and shared with families.
- Families who have photo sessions with a designated Volunteer Professional Photographer will receive prints as well. Please see website for more details.
- We expect to highlight one family per week.
Are dogs required for the photos?
We ask that most images include dogs. Mechanical or stuffed dogs are okay.
How can we support Doggies for Dementia?
We ask that you follow us on social media and like, comment and share the posts. This is how we do the important work of raising awareness for dementia (Alzheimer’s Disease).
Submit Your Photos and Complete Questionnaire.
Visit our Google File. This is the easiest way for you and us since you can answer the questionnaire, and submit photos and consent easily in one place.
Email your photos, consent and questionnaire responses. (Carmen@DoggiesforDementia.org)